Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Better Days Ahead

Wow! It's been over 5 months since my last post, and a lot of things have changed. One of the biggest changes has been in the relationships among the commissioners. While we are not always in agreement on every issue (and why should we be?), we are united on the big goals for Smith County. We are all working together very well, and it is a welcome change. I'm not going to beat myself up over past mistakes, but I wish I had taken a different approach when I first took office. I respect each of the commissioners, and I am enjoying working with each of them on various projects.

We are currently focused on long-range planning for the future of Smith County, and our number one goal is to improve facilities. We are attempting to maximize the use of our current facilities, studying the purchase of some additional property to rehabilitate, and we are dedicated to finding a scaled down jail plan the community will support.

Expect better days ahead.

No comments: