Saturday, January 19, 2008

In the Beginning

Well... we all have to start somewhere. Today I was dealing with a frustrating political issue and trying to figure out how to tell my side of the story, and I ran across a blog from a Texas legislator. He is a huge advocate of blogging for those holding political offices and suggests that it is a great way to communicate with constituents. So I thought I'd give it a try.

My days as a local elected official are spent dealing with everyone else's emergencies. I cannot seem to complete my own projects because I'm helping others complete theirs. Don't get me wrong. I do love the job, but there are days when I need a clone to stay in the office behind the desk to work on the mounds of paperwork and return phone calls and emails.

My bi-monthly newsletter is a bear to produce, and by the time I get it done it seems like old news. So the blog seems like a good solution. I'll keep working on it, and I'd appreciate your suggestions.

No comments: